Exhibition period LIAF 2017: September 1. – October 1.
For the first time, LIAF takes place in Henningsvær, Lofoten, in the norh of Norway. It’s approximately 1500 km from the capital Oslo, and 350 km north of the arctic circle. See map of Henningsvær at the bottom of this page or here. The closest town is Svolvær, 25 km away.
LIAF 2017 is spread out over five venues:
- Trevarefabrikken (starting point): Dreyers gate 72
- Nordbrygga: Dreyers gate 15
- Fredriksenbruket: Saltværingsveien 45,
- Henningsvær Stadion: Løktveien 25
- Festiviteten Henningsvær: Dreyers gate 110
Opening hours: Tuesdays – Sundays 11:00 – 18:00.
Bus transport opening weekend
The LIAF-bus Svolvær-Henningsvær will leave Svolvær at 17:00 and return from Henningsvær at 01:00 for the official opening. Pre-registration is required at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bus ticket costs 50 kr (cash only).
Bus departs from bus stop Hurtigbåtkai (Fiskergata) and stops in Kabelvåg center before reaching Henningsvær.
September 1, Svolvær-Henningsvær: 17:00
September 1, Henningsvær-Svolvær: 01:00
September 2, Henningsvær-Svolvær: 01:00
Link to information about local bus times here.
How to get there – Closest airports:
Svolvær Airport, Helle:
- Closest airport to Henningsvær, 28,5 km/about 30 min by car.
- Fly via: Bodø Airport or Oslo Airport. SAS, Norwegian, Widerøe.
From Svolvær Airport to Henningsvær:
- Rent a car at the airport, see Budget Car Rental or AVIS Car Rental.
- Take a bus or taxi to Svolvær (5,6 km from the airport/about 5 min by car). From Svolvær you can take the local bus to Henningsvær, see 177.no or call +47 177 for information about bus travels. You can also rent a car in Svolvær, sees list below.
- 59,5 km/1 hour by car from Henningsvær.
- Fly via: Bodø Airport, Oslo Airport or Tromsø Airport. SAS, Norwegian, Widerøe.
From Leknes Airport to Henningsvær:
- Rent a car at the airport (recommended). See AVIS Car Rental.
- Go by bus, see 177.no or call +47 177 for information about bus travels.
Harstad/Narvik lufthavn, Evenes:
- 187,5 km/about 3 hours by car from Henningsvær
- Fly via: Oslo Airport or direct. SAS, Norwegian, Widerøe. (++)
From Evenes Airport:
- Rent a car at the airport, see Hertz or Europcar
- Go by bus to Svolvær where you transfer to the local bus to Henningsvær. See 177.no or call +47 177 for information about bus travels.
More rental car companies in Lofoten:
- Leaves from Bodø Harbour every day at 15:00 and arrives Svolvær at 21:00
- You can take the Coastal Cruiser all the way from Bergen, or from any of the harbours where the boat stops by. From Bergen the Coastal Cruiser leaves every day at 20:00, and arrives Svolvær 4 days later. See Hurtigruten for more info.
- Leaves Bodø Express Boat Harbour and reaches Henningsvær 3,5 hours later.
- The express boat goes from Bodø to Svolvær once a day at 17:15, Fridays 18:00 and Sundays 20:30. More info about times here. From Svolvær you take the bus or rental car on to Henningsvær. For more info, see Hurtigbåten.
You can go by train (NSB) from Oslo to Bodø. But no further, this is as far north as the Norwegian railroad goes. From Bodø you continue by air, or sea. Narvik is accessible by train via Sweden. From Narvik there is an express bus service to Lofoten (Lofotenekspressen). Visit NSB for more information.
Henningsværveien 13, 8312 Henningsvær
Open daily 10:00–19:00
Henningsvær lysstøperi og café
Gammelveien 2, 8312 Henningsvaer
Open daily 10:00–17:00
See list of current exhibitions in Vågan municipality here.
If you are having problems finding vacant rooms – contact our booking charge email@example.com, we might be able to assist.