The three story 1500 square meter concrete building still bears signs of its industrial past. It was built in 1948 and housed activities ranging from cod-liver oil production, shrimp peeling and a carpentry shop, known for its handcrafted wooden doors and stairs. The factory provided income to many fisherman and handcrafters living in Henningsvær. The carpentry closed its doors in 2010. In 2014 it was bought by four young men from Bergen, who are slowly renovating the spaces through “dugnad” (voluntary work) for future use as a cultural hub.