Nordbrygga was built by the company Christian Mohen as a cod-liver oil factory in the early 1940s. The first foreman was a Henningsvær local named Sigvart Lysvald, who in 1952 moved his family to Nordbrygga. The family lived on the factory’s middle floor until the late 1950s, with various workers on the top floor. The factory closed its doors in the early 1960s. About ten years later, both Nordbrygga and the neighbouring wharf were bought by the Sørnesen brothers from Ballstad, who ran a fish landing until the millennial turn. Nordbrygga was bought by the company Lofoten Adventures in 2014, which specializes in Midnight sun and Orca safaris.